I'm setting up this site as a repository for memories and archives from the Franklin Commune also known as Earthworks.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Photos of Peter McFarland
So the photos are trickling in. Here are a few of Peter McFarland. The first is one of me and him, there's a note written on the bottom describing where it was found.
Then there's this one of Beth and Adrian Pratt with Peter.
Hi! You may or may not remember me - well, no doubt you don't remember me at all, but you may have heard stories - I was from one of the close 'sister' communes from those times, Mullein Hill. There were many close friendships between individuals on the two communes, and we had a strong collective alliance as well.
Crow recently sent me the link to your blog, and it was an incredible thrill to read it and see photos of you, and others from those times (I have a few and so does Craig, but Fletcher has a LOT more). I recognized you immediately from those images when you were a little guy, but would probably not know you if I saw you in person now. :-)
Anyway. I applaud your creativity and drive, and would love to see your film when it's done.
I was a teenager during those years - that bizarre and wonderful place between childhood and adulthood - and the whole experience was pivotal and transformative for me. It determined and defined so much of my life ... so it's fascinating to me to hear the stories of the kids who grew up there. I'm in touch with several of the kids from Mullein Hill - Rahula, Amelia, Jason, Bryn - and they are all beautiful adults. I'm sure you are too, and I appreciate having this link.
1 comment:
Dylan,
Hi! You may or may not remember me - well, no doubt you don't remember me at all, but you may have heard stories - I was from one of the close 'sister' communes from those times, Mullein Hill. There were many close friendships between individuals on the two communes, and we had a strong collective alliance as well.
Crow recently sent me the link to your blog, and it was an incredible thrill to read it and see photos of you, and others from those times (I have a few and so does Craig, but Fletcher has a LOT more). I recognized you immediately from those images when you were a little guy, but would probably not know you if I saw you in person now. :-)
Anyway. I applaud your creativity and drive, and would love to see your film when it's done.
I was a teenager during those years - that bizarre and wonderful place between childhood and adulthood - and the whole experience was pivotal and transformative for me. It determined and defined so much of my life ... so it's fascinating to me to hear the stories of the kids who grew up there. I'm in touch with several of the kids from Mullein Hill - Rahula, Amelia, Jason, Bryn - and they are all beautiful adults. I'm sure you are too, and I appreciate having this link.
Warm Hugs,
Amy
Post a Comment